The Regional Food Bank wishes to provide volunteers with safe, productive, rewarding experiences, and to that end created a Code of Conduct which all volunteers are required to follow.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR VOLUNTEERS
- Volunteers must follow these safety practices while at the Regional Food Bank.
- Volunteers will listen to and follow instructions of Volunteer Coordinators.
- Volunteers will dress appropriately for work in a warehouse (closed-toe, sturdy shoes; in layers when it’s cold; in clothes that can get dirty).
- Volunteers will stay away from moving equipment and machinery.
- Volunteers will exercise reasonable care and use accepted safety precautions in carrying out assigned duties.
- Volunteers will not use headphones, ear plugs, or iPods while volunteering. Cell phone use is permitted only in the volunteer break room.
- Volunteers will only consume food or beverages in the break room or other approved area.
- Volunteers will not consume any Food Bank product or remove it from the premises for personal use. This includes items deemed as trash.
- Volunteers will report all accidents or injuries immediately to a staff person.
- Volunteers will notify a Volunteer Coordinator if at any time they are unable to fulfill the duties to which they have been assigned.
- Volunteers will listen to Volunteer Coordinators for evacuation instructions in the event a fire alarm sounds.
- Volunteers who fail to follow these directions may be asked to leave and not return.