The Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York owns and operates a 70,000 square-foot warehouse/office facility. The warehouse encompasses 53,000 square-feet at this building and includes dry storage space, 17 loading/distribution docks, a 4,000 square-foot cooler and an 11,000 square-foot freezer. There are 21 Food Bank employees operating the warehouse and driving the Food Bank trucks. The warehouse depends greatly on the organization and teamwork of the Food Bank warehouse employees, who are dedicated to keeping the warehouse clean and orderly.
- The warehouse receives 112,294 pounds of food a day
- The freezer is 321,000 cubic feet, which is equivalent to 53,000 household freezers
- The cooler is 120,000 cubic feet, which is equivalent to 10,000 household refrigerators
- Food Bank drivers travel approximately 446,000 miles miles a year (1,715 miles a day)
- The warehouse can store 3,086 dry pallets, 1,601 freezer pallets and 375 cooler pallets
- The Food Bank utilizes five tractors, eleven trailers, nine straight trucks, and three vans