The Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York owns and operates a 70,000 square-foot distribution center and office facility. The facility includes dry storage space, 17 loading/distribution docks, a 4,000 square-foot cooler and an 11,000 square-foot freezer. There are approximately 35 Food Bank employees operating the distribution center and driving the Food Bank vehicles.
- The distribution center receives 211,500 pounds of food a day
- The freezer is 321,000 cubic feet, which is equivalent to 53,000 household freezers
- The cooler is 120,000 cubic feet, which is equivalent to 10,000 household refrigerators
- Food Bank drivers travel approximately 421,000 miles miles a year (1,619 miles a day)
- The facility can store 3,086 dry pallets, 1,601 freezer pallets and 375 cooler pallets
- The Food Bank utilizes eight tractors, 14 trailers, 15 straight trucks, and five vans